Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Eats and Treats

Oh boy, do I have some catching up to do!  You know those weekends that are really busy, but you don't really know with what?  Well, that was my weekend.

It began with a trip to Fleet Feet for new running shoes! Yay!! My knees were starting to bug me, and I was definitely over due.

These bad boys have seen better days.


Now I have these great little babies.



I think I am going to really like the dark gray.  Won't show the dirt as much. :)


Later that evening, we dug out the ole' charcoal grill from Collin's storage and had The First Grill Night of Nicer-ish Weather!  (I say "nicer-ish" because its only maybe gotten up to 60--But hey! For upstate New York, that's a heat wave!)


The burgers were delish, as were the bakery-fresh rolls and the grilled asparagus.  I love grilled asparagus.  Toss in a little olive oil, sprinkle on some seasoning of your choice, roll them around on the grill for a couple of minutes and BAM! Done. :)


Saturday evening, we headed over to the McCormack's for a little post-St. Patrick's Day Celebration.  Collin's mom made traditional Irish cabbage, cooked vegetables and ham.  So good! Juicy and delicious.  Yum!  I had a huge plate, plus cornbread, AND soda bread. Oh my.  I am full just thinking about it.  On top of all that, Katie made Bailey's cheesecake. Needless to say, I left stuffed to the max.

Sunday morning we had fresh pineapple and scrambled eggs with salsa verde. 


Do you live near a Wegmans?  If you do, pick this up!


 I really can't get enough of it.  

Sunday was grocery shopping day.  I got lots of yummy stuff.  

I think I need a bigger basket...


Here's a tip for you:  Clean and cut a few fresh veggies.  That way it's easier to throw together a quick salad or healthy snack.


Store them in tupperware and you're ready to go!


I also made a big pot of Quinoa (pronounced Keen-Wah).


For those who may be unfamiliar with this grain, quinoa is a complete protein, meaning in contains all of the essential amino acids.  It's also high in dietary fiber, phosphorus, magnesium and iron.  Also, it's gluten-free!


It's super easy to cook.  Just like rice.  I put this in tupperware too.  I have some delicious meals in my future!

Speaking of delicious meals, check out this breakfast.


I die.  Every bite was heaven.


This is my Superhero Oatmeal topped with:
  • 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds (soaked with the cereal)
  • 1 Tablespoon Nutella
  • A handful of raspberries
  • Sprinkling of Shredded Coconut

Certainly a great way to start my week off!  Hope you are having a great Monday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment