Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A New Blog is Born

 Happy National Nutrition Month!


I can't think of a better time to start a blog about my journey to become a Registered Dietitian.

As a  nutrition student, self-proclaimed athlete, and all-around curious person, I hope to share with you the things I discover on a daily basis.

Currently, I am a fourth year Nutrition major at Rochester Institute of Technology.  I have finally completed all of my sciences courses. Yahoo! And now I am on to the the fun stuff.  In five short days I will begin Alternative Nutrition Therapy, Sports Nutrition, Restaurant Operations and Safety and Sanitation classes.  Should be interesting!

I am also training for my second marathon.  I will be running in Cincinnati's Flying Pig Marathon on May 1st.


So what can you come to expect from me?  My experiments in the kitchen, little nutritional factoids, training tips, and all around healthy-living advice.

Well I'm off to go run a 7 miler now, then attempt healthy eating at Paula's Burrito Place with the boyfriend and his sister and brother-in-law tonight. Let's see if I can follow the NNM (National Nutrition Month) challenge:

Eat Right With Color!


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment