Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hawaiian Steak Stir Fry

So, after Restaurant Ops I was sent home with a big Tupperware of flank steak AND pineapple mango salsa... for FREE! What to cook, what to cook!


This is my creation.
I call it Hawaiian Steak Stir Fry.
Dah-dah-dah-DAHH! (That's superhero music btw)

Remember all that great veg I cut up this weekend? Well let me tell you, SUCH a time saver.  

This is what I did:  
I got out my big skillet, and added...
  • 1 tablespoon of canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce
  • Handful of (pre-cooked and cut) flank steak
  • Handful of veggies (green pepper, mushrooms, and broccoli)
  • A handful of homemade pineapple mango salsa (which includes those two ingredients plus chopped onion)
And, voilĂ ! Done! Plate with a little pre-made Quinoa and you've got a delicious meal in less than five minutes!

 

By the way, have you checked out the pineapple right now? It's PHENOMENAL! I know it's the beginning of the season, but they are juicy and sweet and delicious.

In other news, today we had an SDA meeting.  We talked about the t-shirt...
Here is the final product!


We had to do a little re-vamping due to NNM almost being over! Speaking of which, can you believe that it's almost April?

We also talked about the up-coming bake/snack sale and internships, plus volunteering at Foodlink and soup kitchens, and the Kidney Walk this Friday! You know, all that stuff that gets us nutrition girls goin'.  All in all, it was a productive meeting, and I look forward to what Spring has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment